Sunday, February 20, 2011

Heaven on Earth


I love when God drives earth through the carwash. It makes everything so clean and crisp. After a good stretch of cloudy skies suddenly the haze cleared and the rain was no more. Ahhh what a freshness there was over the earth today. I spent hours cooped up with the heater blasting and my kitties tucked up against me this past week. But alas the rain and hail receded and the sun's love glistened and shimmered across the hills once again. So, I decided to get out and get in it. I love the smell of the land after a good shower and the softness of the grass that emerges beneath my feet. I like the feel of cold drops of water beneath my toes. :)

If you look very closely at a blade of grass as it cradles a drop of water, you can enter an entirely new world. A world of peace and calm. There is a presence in that place that is unlike anything in all the world. It is the very presence of God. He is alive and living. He is interactive, and for me at least, I seem to find Him in the simplest of things.







No comments: