Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Wedding



This is Buddy. Buddy has been a part of my parent's home for about 10 years now. A few years ago Buddy began plucking out his chest feathers. I read up on possible reasons, one of which is loneliness. We have been debating whether or not to get him a cage mate for at least a year. Every time I visit I have the notion to bring over a bird and just stick it in there with him and see if my mom will notice.

So... with a beautiful Saturday under way, Alistair and I headed over to PetsMart completely delighted with our plan. Alistair agreed to distract my parents while I brought Bella in. He did a great job too because my parents were in the backyard and Bella got away from me. I was chasing her all over their kitchen and they didn't even see me through the windows. I placed a wedding invitation on the counter and tied one to the cage.

We were all chatting in the entry way and my dad went into the kitchen and I heard him mumble to himself... "The wedding of Buddy and Bella? Huh?" Then I heard him walk over to the cage and go "Oh!" He brought my mom over who stared at the cage for a moment before realizing Bella was not Buddy. Her expression was worth the whole thing.

When Buddy first saw her he flew away. Lol. But it didn't take him long to loose his grip on his bachelor ways and share the same perch.

All night the Lord had been speaking to me about how we our made for community and how vital it is to be IN relationship. He brought this scripture to mind, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father." Lucky for Buddy, they had only one yellow bird and it was a female. She is so adorable I can't wait to introduce you. So without further ado... I would like to welcome you to...








Kia reading her invitation.




3 comments:

Amy said...

oh my gosh Jenna, you are hilarious! I love this!

Unknown said...

I so love this! We have a budgie named Buddy as well.. we got her a cage mate recently too! Too funny!

Jenna Jill said...

No way Janette. That's crazy! I think the Lord is speaking through it to our family. God really cares about quality of life. I'm excited to see what happens. :)