Friday, April 29, 2011

Alone... with My Self.




I think partially because I am such a social being and partially because my soul craves connection with God, I find myself drawn to alone times. I've been finding recently, that my life is full of opposites that create a beautiful rhythm if I will listen to the beat.

Work and play, community and solitude, exercise and rest, talking and listening (I totally suck at the listening part, stop laughing friends I'm working on it.) But that is exactly what I mean, if I find the opposite of what I do excessively I can bring balance to my days. With all the recent ways that have been invented to connect, I find a tranquility in being with myself. My Self. I kind of like myself and I figure she deserves my attention. And with all the noise and conversations I just need some wide open spaces at times to hear her think. :) You know what I mean?




No comments: