Thursday, June 9, 2011

Self


There is something so important about the way we view ourselves. I don't think we realize all the lenses we use from which to see our Self. We are what we believe. But what is True? We need to believe what is true. I have found no better place to discover truths about myself and this life, than in the Bible.

It is there that my creator has written to me, and shared His heart for me:
You may not know me but I know everything about you... Psalm 139:1 I know when you sit down and when you rise up... Psalm 139:2 I am familiar with all your ways... Psalm 139:3 Even the very hairs on your head are numbered... Matthew 10:23-31 For you were made in my image... Genesis 1:27 In me you live and move and have your being... Acts 17:28 For you are my offspring... Acts 17:28 I knew you even before you were conceived... Jeremiah 1:4-5 I chose you when I planned creation... Ephesians 1:11-12 You were not a mistake... Psalm 139:15 For all your days are written in my book... Psalm 139:16 I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live... Acts 17:26 You are fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139:14 I have been misrepresented by those who do not know me... John 3:41 I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love... 1 John 4:16 And it is my desire to lavish my love on you... 1 John 3:1 Simply because you are my child and I am your Father... 1 John 3:1 I offer you more than your earthly Father ever could... Matthew 7:11 For I am the perfect Father... Matthew 5:43 Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand... James 1:17 One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes... Revelation 21:3 And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth... Revelation 21:4
And it is out of His great love for me that he has created a place where He does not exist. I am often asked, "How could such a loving God create a place like Hell? Surely there is no Hell."

Today I realized, if there is no place where God is not present, then we would not have a true choice. He loves me so much that he gives me a choice not to be with him. He will not force himself or his ways on me. Hell is the ultimate expression of God's love. He honors and respects us to the point, that He would allow us to choose not to be present with him.

Now I see.. that this life is a chance to date God. And in the end... we get to choose if we want to marry Him or not.

No comments: