Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vulnerability:: Part I

I could not have written this any better. Jen Disney is the bomb. Genuinely. ;) Check out her blog post on vulnerability. The video was like a punch in my gut.

So this leads me to the realization that I don't really pay very close attention to how I'm feeling. Is anyone else out there like me? I think I start feeling disconnection way off in some island of my soul, and then I run to people and distract myself with meaningless chatter. But do I ever stop and consider the source of my disconnection? Or even put a name to my feelings?
Nooo....

Kind of like hunger. I don't really stop each day and say "Oh. I am feeling hungry now. I shall stop what I am doing, and feed my body." But rather, I unconsciously gravitate towards the food. And now that I think about it, the more disconnected I am from the realization of my hunger, the worse I eat. If I am all stressed out and forget to pay attention to that feeling, I tend to grab whatever is available.

Hmmm... interesting.

No comments: