Tuesday, July 5, 2011

::Tuesday's Tea with Me::



Now this really knocked my socks off. God actually says No. He says no to us, he does. So it would be real good for me to get it down because then... I will represent Him better. God please teach me to say No to the things that you would say No to, and to be open and receptive to the things in my life that you say Yes to.


"We call people bad because they do not do what we want them to. We judge them for being themselves for fulfilling their wishes. We withdraw love from them when they do what they feel is best for them, but it is not what we want them to do."

-Boundaries, Cloud & Townsend


We do? Oh yes my friends. We DO!


How come we have such a hard time letting people just be themselves? Could we be thinking that if they don't except my invitation that means they don't like me? They don't want to spend time with me. But if there are strings attached, namely to make you feel good, it's really not an invitation at all now is it? It's a demand. An expectation that they meet your need.


Whoa whoa! Slow down. I'm just sitting here enjoying my cup of tea and talking to myself. If it hits home well at least I'm not the only one. Ha ha. Cuz I totally do this to people. All my friends are probably dying laughing right now.


Which reminds me of something someone shared with me just last week about getting offended. She said, "Do not always assume that if you are offended by something, that someone else did something wrong. Stop and consider the occasion and perhaps it is God that is offending you. Pointing His finger at an area where you are assuming something you shouldn't." Oh. I knew that. Yeah. Totally.

No comments: