Sunday, June 3, 2012

Savor Don't Save


I took a break from blogging this month. When I found myself taking my camera everywhere and getting frustrated when I didn't have it I realized I really needed to put it down and savor the moment as opposed to trying to save every moment. 

Does that ever happen to you? You are taking pictures as if it's the last wonderful moment you will ever experience? Of course it is true...this particular moment will not last but there will be more. Don't live in a mindset of poverty. Don't fall into the trap of believing that nothing better lies ahead. For we are what we believe. 

What shall we do with these fleeting moments that are so rich? Shall we watch them from behind a lens or shall we get IN them? Savor them. At the end of my life, I do not want to simply have great photos. I want to have lived a life of greatness!

That doesn't mean I won't take pictures. I just had to put photography in it's rightful a spot, and set living in a place of honor in my life.















No comments: