Tuesday, June 12, 2012

::Tuesday's Tea With Me::


Come outside with me this morning. I was checking out the apple trees in the backyard and they are just beautiful right now. Look at the pink blooms. Aren't they just so delicate and pretty.

I've been thinking lately... I think as much as I enjoy all the newness and excitement of technology... It seems to wear off quickly. My iPhone was like the coolest thing for a few months. But now it is just my normal phone AND it doesn't even have Siri. Don't get me wrong I like to stay with the times, but I also like to step out of the times. Is that even making sense? I don't know how else to word it. I like to pick up an "old fashioned" book with actual pages made of paper, just for the experience of it. I know it's not as efficient to pay more for a paperback and lug boxes of books around when I can pay less and keep them all on this Kindle... but I like to feel the pages. I like to smell them and highlight things, and write down the definitions of the new words I discover there.

And it's the same thing with cooking I have discovered. Sure I can use the microwave and nuke up a quick tasty (albeit chemical laden) meal. But if my health is important to me at all, I can also spend several hours cooking up something from scratch that tastes delicious. And here is the real cincher... it is filled with the time and effort that earmarks true love. My meal is filled with Love that way. You mean I can actually eat love? Amazing.

I think that is what I love so much about my record player. I turn that thing on and I am transported to a different time. A slower pace. A healthier rhythm. In the warm light of my great grandmother's lamp, with my cup of hot tea, curled up with an "old fashioned" book, in a blanket that took me 3 years to knit... I am REALLY living. Truly living. Undistracted, unhurried, and frankly unavailable to anyone else but my own heart and the heart of my Father in Heaven. It is when I unplugged from the freeway of modernity, that I discover hidden treasures the lay just off the beaten path.

How about you? Are there places you can find to pull off the freeway and have a little adventure today?





No comments: