Friday, January 6, 2012

Celebrate Serenity


 Truly... I don't even know what to do with myself. This Crosley turntable is the most fabulous thing I think I have ever purchased. It sings to my heart for hours. I'm glued to the spot. If I had known listening to records would feed my soul like this I'd have bought one years ago.

In fact the idea first planted itself in my heart several years back when I was completing my undergraduate degree at Point Loma Nazarene University. I  had parked off campus and was walking through a quaint little neighborhood on my way to class, when I passed a home with the garage door open and heaven floating out of that little space. I stopped and looked into the garage which was very neat and tidy, where a man sat tinkering at his workbench. I could hear the sounds of classical music floating through the air and I remember I was so mesmerized I even turned around and walked back to take it in longer. 

Sometimes in life there are things that speak to your soul, long before you know it is a part of you. I think my heart saw a piece of itself in that man's garage. 





2 comments:

Cristine said...

I got David this for his birthday, which is the 30th of this month...now I have a bit of trivia with The Crosley Story, to pass on to him!
If we were to peek over your fence would we find you tinkering in your backyard with your music blasting? Or maybe in your kitchen baking a delicious new dessert!
Glad to see you are enjoying a simplier way of life in so many ways!

Jenna Jill said...

I'm telling you Cris. This thing is splendid! ;-)