Tuesday, January 17, 2012

::Tuesday's Tea With Me::


Let's take our tea out onto the patio this afternoon. Oh and look who came out to join us in this graceful day... LADYBUGS. I love ladybugs!


In other news, Rose (the character in my book) and I both have poison oak at the same time. I was pretty tickled about that. What are the odds of that? Mine is almost all cleared up though. What would hiking be without an occasional fee?


And onto other matters of the day... Facebook Sabbatical update:


So far my life has not been drastically altered. I thought something was going to "happen" and I'd miss it. So far... nothing has really "happened." Then I started thinking since when has the responsibility of knowing "the scoop" fallen on us? Didn't it used to be, that if something happened that you were unaware of, someone would let you know? Preferably someone that was involved. When did it shift to me needing to check Facebook everyday to be sure I don't miss it? And then I started thinking that maybe my need to check Facebook so often was actually due to my own need to feel like I was in control. 


You know the person at work that is always trying to get the scoop first. But she gets it in an unorthodox way, creating boundary issues along the way. Why is it so difficult for us to lean back, and let information find us? Because if we are first to know... what? If we know first we are important? We are smart? We are what? Stressed if you ask me. If I don't know, I don't worry.


So far I haven't noticed anything that I have missed but I have discovered an overwhelming since of peace and rest. Shoot, I pulled out cards today to write a couple hand written...with a pen, paper, and a stamp... letters. Remember those things? (That just gave me a thought. I shall write them by candlelight, while listening to a record next time.)


Yep. This is the life for me. Candles. Letters. Records. Reading. And my friend Camille got me back into poetry mode. Yes. Been a while since I wrote a poem. Ahhh... Satisfaction. How costly it is, and oh how worth it. [deep sigh]


Love you guys. May you go into this day with a deep sense of God's powerful presence with you. 
Xoxo
-Jenna


2 comments:

Emily D. Hawkins said...

I love it, Jenna! That's the good stuff, right there. ;)

Jenna Jill said...

I have been craving those little chocolate balls you made for Christmas Em. Oh BOY were those delicious!