Sunday, March 4, 2012

Point Sal


I got to hang out with the guys today. Loved it. We had a full day of adventure as we hiked our legs to death up and down hills, across beaches, through the dunes, and over tide pools. And the weather was perfect.

We even saw dolphins but they are really hard to get pictures of while standing in a tide pool.
Meet Duke. Duke is a working dog and likes to go quail hunting. He was our trusty companion and was so adorable. He did whatever his master said and was constantly ready for a command.

Lunch. My very first MRE. It was quite tasty actually.
We had some small obstacles on the return trip, just a few extra canyons, sheer cliff faces, and creeks to cross but we managed to lug our legs of lead up hill after hill.


And we MADE it. Oh my goodness we made it back. I am at home in bed as I write this and I can barely move a muscle but it was worth it.

No comments: