Tuesday, March 6, 2012

:: Tuesday's Tea With Me ::


Good morning friends! Come in come in... Grab your mug and pull up a chair. Come share this awesome view. Isn't it beautiful? Sydney likes it too she's been doing her Kitty Yoga right there on that window sill.

So as you know I've been swimming upstream trying to slow down my life. So far so good. Sometimes I do something to slow it down and immediately following I think, "Whoa whoa. Don't slow down that much." It takes some getting used to this leisurely life. I noticed right after I make a change that is worth it, I suddenly feel like we're creeping along at a snails pace and I feel bored. But slowly I have been able to create space and allow myself to get used to a slower pace.

 People have even gotten mad at me for living this way. I don't think they realize that's what they were mad about though. It probably seemed to them like I wasn't keeping up, or maybe that what was important to them was not as important to me. Which was probably true as a result of my secret decision to walk through life not run. And I'll be darned if that doesn't royally piss some people off.

Anyway, I see the world much differently when I'm "walking." I've begun to see places where true wealth has been tucked into life. It's a surreal experience to watch people buzzing right past the truest riches in their rush to get to work and make money. I'm not sure if I should laugh or be grieved.

America! You've sold out your soul. I'm beginning to wonder if there are not two types of people in America. Those who are consumed with television and advertising, and those who are not. That seems to be what it comes down to. The interesting people are the people who still have enough empty space in their lives to express themselves and be creative. 

I've been knitting this blanket. You know I hadn't taken on such a large and costly (in the sense of time) project for a while. Do you know how much time it takes to knit a blanket? TONS. And more tons. And you know what. The balls of yarn aren't so cheap either. I'm going to need about 40 and they're $8 each. Yeah. And you thought making your own things was cheap. I used to think that too. So I was laying in bed last night letting my thoughts wander about the various trails in the wilderness of my mind, when they came upon this pool of thinking... What if we have it all backwards. What if the richest people are those who can live with the least amount of stuff and be content?

Because I have bought a lot of blankets in my life, and I don't think I will ever get rid of this blanket unless it is just utterly scrappy and useless. Or if I decide to give it to someone. Because its well made and quality yes, but it's got ME in it. Hours and hours of me in it. It was made with love. It has shared a piece of my journey through life. I've purchased more expensive blankets that I've given away. Why? Perhaps if we began to purchase things with our time rather than our money we'd see value in entirely different places.

I really think we've got something all cockeyed in our thinking. It's all that darn marketing. "Buy this, you need that, you'll be the greatest human being if you purchase this, you'll be famous if you carry that..." What a crock of bull. Well advertising world... I'll be Jenna thank you very much. And you don't know the first thing about being Jenna. So I don't think I'll be listening to you. Good day.

Well anyway, those are my thoughts for today. I love you guys. Have a very blessed day. I'm going to get back to playing with my cat. Because I think its too funny how she's holding her foot like that. Ha ha ha... She cracks me up.

-Jenna Jill

No comments: