Saturday, March 10, 2012

Puppies!!!



My parents bred their yellow labrador, Glory, a couple months ago. I learned that dogs are pregnant for only 2 months and then... PUPPIES!!!


Glory started labor around 10am this morning and had 10 puppies in 3.5 hours. 


I would like to add that everyone left at one point and Glory wouldn't lay down. I realized all of the sudden that she was having another one. She popped out the 10th puppy but was so exhausted she just looked at me. I was thinking, "Uhhh... I guess that means I'm delivering this one." So I got to help the puppy the rest of the way out, break the sac, and encourage mom to clean her. It was the 4th little girl. 6 boys and 4 girls. 
Stay tuned for updates! 



2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh. my. goodness.... if only you knew how obsessed we are with yellow lab pups. precious!! I want to puppy sit!!!

Jenna Jill said...

This is so much fun Amy! I'm in puppy heaven.