Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red Tailed Hawk


Today I went for a walk in the woods. But this time I wore my moccasins. It's amazing the world you enter when you walk softly upon the earth. I was walking so quietly through the trees that I snuck up on a large animal. 

I was walking along focusing intently on being quiet with my feet, when I saw something interesting on the forest floor. As I stepped off the path to check it out, a BIG whirling noise came from behind me. It startled the ba-jee-jeezes out of me. I could feel a vibration in my chest. I sprung around and a huge bird hovered a few feet in front of me. It flew past me and up into the wide open blue sky. I could tell from it's red tail, that it was a Red Tailed Hawk. 

I snapped a few shots as it began to fly circles above my head. It started making the coolest noises as it watched me from above. It's voice rang out across the whole valley. What an incredible animal. Wow!





No comments: