Monday, February 20, 2012

Uncle Bill's

We went to "Uncle Bill's" yesterday and I have to say it was a much needed reprieve from all the transition and change swirling about my life right now. My Uncle Bill and Aunt Melissa have a really fun cabin up at the lake and we hung out for the afternoon riding motorcycles and had dinner together. If you think my dad has a lot of toys... you should see my Uncle Bill. 
For the record the white car is ours. Everything else is part of Uncle Bill's arsenal of toys. I really enjoyed riding the four wheelers and was thoroughly delighted when the neighbor's grandson game over and asked whyyyy there was a hot pink helmet, and hot pink gloves on one of the motorcycles. .

 Here Uncle Bill is taking us on a tour in Polaris 1 of 3.
This is Uncle Bill "borrowing" something from the neighbors.
Nope. Nope. My pride wasn't hurt at all when I got spanked at Wii bowling by Logan. Logan is my 12 year old cousin who continued to get strikes while bowling from the bottom of the stairs, doing 360s, and sitting on the toilet. (I didn't actually witness that but I can verify that he was in the bathroom.) But at least we make a really good doubles tennis team. 

All in all it was a beautiful day. The air smelled SO fresh. Someone was burning a fire and I could smell the wood scent, mixed with the underbrush, and BBQs going. [deep sigh]

No comments: