Sunday, September 11, 2011

Honest

I took a walk yesterday. And I thought to myself, "We sure put a lot of money into building sidewalks that very few people use." Well... I resolved the matter by getting out into the neighborhood today to use the sidewalk. I know it sounds really snoopy but I really love looking at people's houses. If I didn't think I'd totally weird people out, I could probably sit out on a bench across from someone's house and just watch for a long time.

 Did you know that houses talk? I like to imagine the stories they have to tell. The children it has raised and families it has loved. I like to watch the people and see how they express themselves through their homes. What they value. What they like. What they don't like. Who they are. Who they be. Not what they try to look like, or what they tell you with their mouth. A house can tell you all kinds of things. Oh. I just had a light bulb moment. I know what it is. I know why I like houses so much. They can't help but be honest.

2 comments:

Becky and Caleb said...

I know the people who live at the house second to the bottom. :) she's an AMAZING christian woman, massage therapist, Nancy Riley :) if you ever want her info for a great, peaceful massage.....let me know!

Jenna Jill said...

Ooo... I totally want her info. Isn't her house adorable?