Saturday, September 3, 2011

Small Town


My camera and I go on lots of little adventures together. This week there were only a few hours of daylight left when this little town made herself available. Perfect.

As I drove through town looking for something interesting I noticed the General Store had an "Open" sign in the window but there were just rows of empty white shelving inside. Two dubious looking young men waved at me from the the front step with toothless grins and I waved back thinking, "Something isn't right about this picture."

Then as I was photographing a horse, I heard a rumble in the distance behind me. I looked down the street and here came.... what is that? I can't make it out but it looks like there are dogs involved. As they got closer I sort of panicked because it really looked like a little posse on motorcycles. I thought, "Uh oh. Maybe they're going to try to confront me or something."

But then they rode right by my car. Apparently this is how they walk their dogs. I have no idea what was going on at the General Store, but I didn't stop in to find out.





No comments: