Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Real Me

I've been thinking a lot about our view on life. How we view things, where we find beauty, and how closely that is tied to what we value. So strange how what you value becomes what your life centers on. I really enjoy authentic people. I want to be the type of person that focuses on the higher things. The things that have greater value. The classic example is inner versus outer beauty. 

Okay well all that to say I challenged myself to put up these two photos today. I had an interesting interaction with a friend and it made me think... as much as I like editing photos and having a blast making others and myself look pretty, you can't lose sight of authenticity.

When it's hard for me to put a picture up that is real, I think I've gotten a little off balance.
 Here we go.
 Take 1
Take 2

However at the same time. When I see the first photo (pretend it's not me) what I see with my heart is the second photo. Doesn't that make you feel good? lol. Kind of strange how that works, when it's other people. When it's me the whole deal works backwards. How we see our Self is incredibly powerful.

No comments: