Sunday, September 11, 2011

I am Me.


I came across something rather deep this weekend. I really care about people. I love you people so much. 


I have discovered a caveat however. You can't be so concerned for others that you neglect your own life. There is a balance. Caring is one thing, but you also have to let others have their own process. Even if their process is painful for the time being. So I have decided to care less about other lives and enjoy my own. A long overdue change for me.

At this place in life I have been through several deep lessons. When I see people going through a test that I've traveled myself I want to give them the answers. But I've changed my mind about that. I've decided to get off their field and stand on the sidelines and cheer them on as they deserve to take the same course and gain the same riches that God allows in me. Besides, what if the answers on my test weren't the same as theirs. How arrogant is that? Well it looks arrogant but it's actually that I'm afraid others won't be okay. Which means I don't really trust the God that I say I believe in.

Ultimately I have to trust God to do the same thing for others that He has done for me. He has allowed severe pain in my life. To my great benefit. I must not be afraid to see others in pain. I must trust that they too, are as beloved and precious to the Father. That they too are strong enough to find the deeper answers in life's circumstances.

In case you are thinking this applies to you. This applies to many relationships in my life because its a slight glitch in the way I have related to people. Some whom I love very much. I am learning that it is MORE loving to cheer you on, than try to rescue and fix things. If I was concerned before that you wouldn't be okay, that's sweet and all, but now I believe differently. I can look past the possibility that you won't be okay, to a God who is more than able to have His way in your life. Let me just get out of the way, while He handles things. Bless you my friends. And may you find the answers you seek in this life. 

Anyway, in case you're interested in my life, today my life included Banana Pancakes. :)




No comments: