Friday, September 9, 2011

Trusting

So without telling every detail of the story I am at one of those places in life that is completely and utterly unsettling. In fact I am at that place in several huge areas of my life all at the same time. This area of my life has to do with self-reliance though. I am hanging on to a rope and I can clearly tell that I am supposed to let go. But I'm afraid to let it go. My arm is burning like you would not believe and my body can barely hang on anymore but I get a sense of security from it that I am terrified to let go of.  

That Indiana Jones movie keeps coming to mind. You know where he keeps saying over and over, "The penitent man shall pass. Penitent. Penitent. The penitent man shall pass." I keep having this scene play across the movie screen of my mind... He is trying to get across that huge canyon, and he doesn't see a bridge. And he finally just steps off what he thinks is a cliff. But there is actually solid rock beneath him. I do not trust God that I will be okay if I let go of the rope. I don't. But I must.


Oh golly. 


So I googled Indiana Jones and when I clicked on the picture it linked me to this blogHa ha ha. Go figure.
I like the very last part about walking in love.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That reminds me of one of my favorite cards and designers (curlygirldesign.com) Looks like she took the particular card of her site but you can see it here. The one that starts with "faith" http://www.google.com/imgres?q=faith+is+being+sure+curly+girl+design&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1920&bih=905&tbm=isch&tbnid=CBtGWQAppZXq_M:&imgrefurl=http://100percentcottam-austin.blogspot.com/2007/09/curly-girl-design.html&docid=3nQQ4hG9f-ChyM&w=375&h=273&ei=ktdqTrHpL-XmiALjh6CtDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=182&vpy=96&dur=551&hovh=191&hovw=263&tx=203&ty=71&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=50&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Jenna Jill said...

Oh I LOVE that Amy.

"Faith is believing that one of two things will happen. That there will be something solid to stand on-- Or that you will be taught to fly."

I really needed that. Thanks my friend.