Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Fountain of Youth



Or should I say the field of youth... My niece asked if I would come out to play on the "parents" team as they were having a game between the parents and players. In my head it's only been a few years since I've played. No biggy, I'll just pop on my cleats and kick the ball around some. Right. So actually... the last time I played soccer was in college. We won't mention how long ago that was, but I was 19. LOL! So I called my mom and apparently I don't have cleats these days. Not even in the attic. Next order of business? Shin guards. I got none of those either. 

I kept having a strange burning sensation in my lungs after sprinting up and down the field. I was thinking to myself "So this must be what they call 'out of shape.'" Then the incredibly talented boy in the first photo decided he didn't like me guarding him so he seriously took me out. Like I went tumbling, rolling, rolling, rolling... Guess what? I totally didn't break a bone or anything. I was like, "Oh yeah I got this. Age is just a number little man." That's when the gloves came off. I had so much fun! My niece is too funny. You should haven seen the smile on her face when she would go one-on-one with me. I do have slight remorse over all the youngsters I just knocked on their asses. LOL. But I'll get over it quickly.

Okay and I will admit I have some nasty bruises. These kids are serious. Cheers to youthfulness! :D

(Photos by my amazing sister-in-law Enjolee Gough)































No comments: