Tuesday, November 22, 2011

::Tuesday's Tea With Me::


Ooo... It's finally cold and rainy. I have been enjoying this rain so much. I love to cuddle up with my tea, my kitties, my knitting, a devotional... and do some existing. Sometimes the simple act of existing is enough. You know what I mean? We are constantly scurrying around. With the holidays upon us what better to do than to SIT DOWN and soak it all in.

"You and I live in an age when the ordinary seems extraordinary: to take time to watch the sun rise, to enjoy a peaceful cup of tea while listening to music, to eat breakfast or dinner with all the members of our family together at one time. Such simple human moments are romanticized in commercial for their nostalgia value because they have become so rare today.
And we live in an age when the extraordinary seems ordinary: a relentless pace that would bring Alexander the Great to his knees; a level of materialism and creature comforts that would exceed Celopatra's wildest dreams; a degree of self-absorption that would make Narcissus blush. Tens of millions of us who can't keep up, or who become understandably confused or depressed, are prescribed powerful drugs to help us fall back into place. Incredible! In our era even ancient spiritual practices may be used not so much for touching the sacred but for reducing stress so that we can keep up a truly soul-destructive, frenetic level of activity."
-It's A Meaningful Life

What is the meaning of life by the way? Lol. I was giving it some thought. You would think that all of the different religions/traditions of the world would disagree on this, however they actually agree on most of the fundamental ideas:
1. Something truly holy and sacred, something incomprehensible does exist.
2. This holy presence can be touched directly by each of us. 
3. The journey or process of touching that presence is the primary purpose of life. If we do not come to know this sacred, holy being we will have done nothing.

It is my life's goal to touch the holy. To me, this holy presence is everything good. Joy, Beauty, Love, Faithfulness... Everything good is God. I want Him to pour as much of Himself into me, so that when people encounter me they have the most concentrated dose of His presence. I want people to be able to get a glimpse of Him through me. I want to share the wholeness and belonging I find when we walk together this being and I.


I mean really I am so delighted by this holy being. Who never ceases to amaze me, has never failed me, who picks me up from every broken place I have found myself and carries me. Comforts me. Fills my spirit with hope and promises of a bright future.  


When I am photographing, to my heart, I am photographing words. I see words when I look around the earth. When I look upon a beautiful sunset, my heart sees, "I love you."  When I come across a serene meadow and lay my head on the soft grass, my heart hears, "I am here with you." Can you hear it too? Can you see how this great presence speaks so gently and softly to us. We are deeply loved and delighted in my friends, by an almighty all-power presence. A being beyond complete comprehension.


Enjoy the mystery in attempting to wrap your mind around a being that unlike us.... is unlimited. A God. Go quietly into your day. Let your heart be still and listen to His love letter to you. 







No comments: