Monday, November 28, 2011

::Tuesday's Tea With Me::



"Each of you has received a gift to use to serve others." 
-1 Peter 4:10

 I have kept this page from an old devotional on my refrigerator for severel years now because it is one of those perspectives I need to realign my heart with regularly. I thought I would share it with you this morning: 

There is only so much sand in the hourglass. Who gets it? You know what I'm talking about, don't you?... The PTA needs a new treasurer. With your background and experience and talent and wisdom and love for kids and degree in accounting, YOU are the perfect one for the job!" It's tug-of-war, and you are the rope... "Blessed are the meek," Jesus said. The word meek does not mean weak. It means focused. It is a word to describe a domesticated stallion. Power under control. Blessed are those who recognize their God-given responsibilities. Blessed are those who acknowledge that there is only one God and have quit applying for his position. Blessed are those who know what on earth they are on earth to do and set themselves about the business of doing it.



No comments: