Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mr. Mouse



As I sat here writing my last post. I noted the girls were acting a little funny. After a while I heard something and as I turned around a little mouse pattered his way along the floorboard into the corner. And Sydney waddled her way after him.

This time... it took 1:05 minutes to catch. Pulled out the little clear container. Hearded Mr. Mouse into box. And voila! Back to blogging.

He looked a bit famished (I have a feeling he may have been sampling the snail poison I put out in the garden.) :-\ So we thought we'd give him some healthy food and rest before sending him on his way. The shelter part was my idea the girls kind of wanted to leave that part out.



This would be a good place to add, that thanks to a certain someone who will remain unnamed... I no longer make pets out of all our furry visitors. We've graduated to sharing what we have for a few days and then sending them on their way. And trust me, this is quite a graduation. If I had it my way, I would gather them all up in my little basket of love and tell them how fearfully and wonderfully they've been made. It took everything I had in me to not bring home a stray kitten I found the other day.


[30 minutes later...]

Ohhhh.... No wonder. Poor guy has a messed up leg. NOW what do I do?

No comments: