Tuesday, August 23, 2011

::Tuesday's Tea with Me::



Bring your mug outside with me and let's sit in the garden. I've just planted a bunch of seeds and some are starting to sprout up. And there's lady bugs too. :)


So where were we anyway? Boundaries, right? Despite how underdeveloped I feel in this area, let us forge ahead ladies and gentleman.


Okay so the first chapter is called “A Day In a Boundaryless Life.” I’ve had 10,582 of those days. I think I can skip that section. Next is “What Does A Boundary Look Like.” Now that would be a good place to start. I think I’m a bit limited here. To me it looks like the word “No.” But I believe you can actually expand your boundary vocabulary. Some people are really good at saying No, without ever saying the word “No.” If you’re one of those kinds of people, would you mind if I follow you around 24/7 for the next year? I won't bother you at all. Lol.


Another part of knowing what a boundary looks like, is becoming more authentic in identifying your feelings. I've really been working on this lately. We have all kinds of fake feelings I call them. Anger and Happiness are the most popular. Happiness is not joy. Joy is something deep, like a well beneath your feet. Many of us mask our true feelings with either happiness or anger. Feelings are powerful! They serve a very important purpose in life. And anything that is powerful has parameters. (i.e electricity, sex, etc.) Remember this: We cannot be controlled by our feelings, and neither can we suppress and ignore them. We must sit through them. Let the wave wash over, and once you have experienced the feeling for that moment, you then allow it to inform you about the situation. You will make great decisions about boundaries, if you pay attention to your core feelings. (As opposed to the fake ones.)



And I'll leave you with this quote from the book:


“An adult who does not stand on his own financially is still a child. To be an adult, you must live within your means and pay for your own failures.”


Wowzeers!


No comments: