Tuesday, August 2, 2011

::Tuesday's Tea With Me::

Okay I've been thinking a lot this morning. And after 20 something years of school... I have decided that I have enough school in my head. I'm gonna learn how to do life. Like with my hands and feet.
"Be ye kind one to another. Tender hearted forgiving one another. Even as Christ has forgiven you."

Okay I want to be a person that does all this wisdom, rather than knows all this information. I know lots of stuff. GREAT! But I've reached a point in life, where knowing things doesn't cut the mustard. The world's greatest surgeons don't just know how, they perform incredibly complicated surgeries every day. With their hands.

I have found more recently that I enjoy being around people that know how to do life with character. I particularly like being around people who don't know that they are even doing it. Many of my friends are like this. I think I pick friends that I admire. Just figured that out. Usually the people I spend time with are people who have something that I don't. And it's attractive to me. I really value these things. Every one of my close friends have mastered character qualities that I long to grow myself. Aren't people cool? Friends... you guys are so amazing. I really love and admire you.

I know I have qualities that people like too, and that's always nice when someone admires a quality that I do have. I really like that actually. Lol. But for today, I'm thinking about my own growth and how I can position myself to be excellent at navigating people, family, children, relationships. Not just things, like jobs and money, but PEOPLE.

Someone once told me...
"When it's all on the table... money, jobs, career, pride, etc. What matters most... is people." I am learning this means relationships. What matters most in life is relationship. It's how we grow, how we get challenged, sanded down, deepened, held accountable. God uses relationship to direct you. Teach you. Love you. Relationships are alive in a way that money and things are not. People are eternal souls walking around in dying bodies. My expensive china hutch ain't goin' anywhere after this. I am. You are. People don't need me to know I should do something. They need me to be, what I say I believe. Cuz if it's worth believing it will make a difference in my life and others too.

No comments: