Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some Days Never Come



“If we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is made perfect in us.”

- 1 John 4:12

Someday. The enemy of risky love is a snake whose tongue has mastered the talk of deception.

"Someday," he hisses.
"Someday, I can take her on the cruise."
"Someday, I will have time to call and chat."
"Someday, the children will understand why I was so busy."


But you know the truth, don't you? You know even before I write it. You could say it better than I. Some days never come. And the price of practicality is sometimes higher than extravagance. But the rewards of risky love are always greater than its cost.

Go to the effort. Invest the time. Write the letter. Make the apology. Take the trip. Do the work. Purchase the gift. Do it. The seized opportunity renders joy. The neglected brings regret.

By: Max Lucado

No comments: