Tuesday, August 30, 2011

::Tuesdays's Tea with Me::



Good Morning America!

What have you been up to on this beautiful overcast Tuesday morning? Isn't it just beautiful when it's overcast and you can't see more than a yard in either direction? Hmmm... Funny sometimes God gives you only a few steps at a time. Why is that so hard for me?

I was thinking... what if we began to view our trials as exercises designed to develop our trust-muscles? Trust in a God you say you believe in. When I am asked, I totally tell people that I believe in God. I say that. But if they looked into my life, would they find proof? Do I believe in Him or do I simply know about him? There is a lot of information out there about God.

Sometimes there is a lot of information out there about you. Your company keeps track of your performance, the credit bureaus keep track of your credit score, college transcripts... Speeding tickets anyone? Yet if someone were to read the things that were down on paper, would that give them a good idea of who you are? Do you think those things would accurately reflect your value? Your entirety? Of course not. They're one dimensional, and you my dear friend are way more than one dimensional. Things recorded about you, cannot possibly tell the whole story. They may address one specific thing in your life, like the fact that you feel you can break the rules and disregard the speed limit, but how does that tell them what makes you unique? Some people may be privy to facts about you, but only certain people in this life, have the honor of knowing you.

This brings me to a complete tangent but I have to tell this story. One day I was driving a very fast car. I can't remember why I had the fast car, (Dad it was not yours don't worry) but it was awesome. Two door sports car and I was happy as a clam. So I was flying along country roads and "enjoying the abilities of the car", and ZOOM I flew by a highway patrol. I was over the hill before he could even pull onto the road. But I knew. I KNEW. Aaaaaand... there he was behind me. No lights on. I just pulled right over. He walked up to my window, and said, "Boy you sure pulled over quick. I didn't even have to turn on my lights." I said, "Well we can do it over if you want?" :)

You know what. That guy gave me the nicest speeding ticket I've ever received. Lets just say it didn't indicate anywhere near the actual speed I was going. And I had to go to traffic school and pay fines and all that. But you know... I was speeding.

Okay but my point is, that information doesn't tell you everything about me. It might even make me more interesting? Or you'll never let your children ride with me again. Who knows. But if we as humans can't be defined on paper, how much more dimensional is God. A being without limits. God must be one of the most popular beings to write about ever. We have oodles of information on the guy. But can you say that you know him? Do you live with him? Cuz I hear you know someone a whole lot better once you live with them. Ha! Knowing them versus the things that are written down about them is like the difference between High Definition TV and black and white television. Anyways, just something to think about. I hate to kick you out, but I gotta get to work. Love you guys. Xoxo


"Come near to God, and He will come near to you... Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up."


No comments: